ADULT & TERTIARY EDUCATION SIG
This is an area of high interest for many NZARE members and many of our sister organisations. The aim is to embrace all elements of the diverse sector in order to foster, support and disseminate high quality national and international research into adult and tertiary education.
A group of 23 members met at the 2012 conference to hold a seminar and propose the setting up of the SIG. The SIG would span the areas of adult education and tertiary education, and intended to hold seminars and promote debate on key issues. The SIG was involved in the seminar on higher education that was held in Wellington in July 2013.
The SIG was proposed to and established at the AGM in November 2013.
Research Interests include:
- Adult and Community Education
- Higher Education
- Tertiary Education
- Tertiary Education Policy
- Vocational Education and Training
- Youth Policies and Education
NZ Vocational Education & Training Research Forum 2016: Presented by Ako Aotearoa and Industry Training Federation. Wellington 18/19 October. For more information see Events page or click here
WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE NZARE CONFERENCE?
ASSESSMENT SIG WORKSHOP
SUNDAY 20 NOVEMBER 10 - 4
Purpose of meeting: Members will be updated on current assessment research, policy and practice; build collaborative relationships; and explore potential projects. Attendees are invited to: share recent projects; discuss assessment trends/issues at student, teacher, school/institution and system level; explore opportunities for collaborative research projects and policy influence.
- Register, coffee and cake
- 3-5 minute update from all present regarding current projects on assessment
- Update from attendees re the International Invitational Assessment Conference
- Ministry of Education - latest news
- Doctoral students – discuss projects in more depth – open discussion/advice
- NMSSA – update and discussion
- Discussion of assessment trends
- What impact or opportunities might COLs have with assessment connections?
- Interest/opportunities for collaborative projects?
There is a fee for this workshop. Please register on the conference registration form.
Download the full programme here
Monday or Tuesday Lunchtime
There will be an informal meeting of the Adult & Tertiary Education Policy Special Interest Group on either Monday 21 or Tuesday 22 November Lunchtime. All delegates with an interest in educational policy are welcome to attend. The date and venue will be announced later.
For more information on the conference in general and to Register for the conference, go to the conference webpage.