Educational Leadership SIG Pre-Conference Meeting
Educational Leadership Research and Practice: Provocations, provision and SIG planning
Sunday 20 November We met at Zealandia for a coffee and discussion; and also at the conference where Howard and Martin were confirmed as co-convenors for 2017.
At that meeting we resolved to:
- establish an Ed Ldsp SIG web-page linked to the NZARE site;
- To establish an on-line space for emerging and established researchers of Ed Ldsp to connect;
- To set up this space so it provides connection to the AARE Ed Ldsp SIG members (this came about during my attendance at AARE in Melbourne);
- To look at adding to the AARE Ed Ldsp database of doctoral research, New Zealand based studies and making this database available to NZARE members; and,
- To tentatively signal an Ed Ldsp symposium prior to the NZARE conference, possibly in South Auckland
The Educational Leadership SIG was launched at the AGM on 19 November 2015.
The NZARE SIG aims to provide a forum in which researchers can engage in stimulating discussion and critical thinking in respect to the diverse nature of educational leadership.
It is important that as educational leaders we stay current and knowledgeable about the latest ideas and thinking. The Educational Leadership SIG will provide a forum to give members with similar professional specialties the opportunity to exchange ideas and keep themselves informed about current and discrete developments in this field. The activities of this SIG, planned by our members and elected officers will provide a clear indication of the diverse interests and needs of the Educational Leadership SIG members. As a SIG we want to not only share but promote particular issues or points of views. As an exclusive professional community within NZARE this SIG will offer members a number of exclusive benefits. This SIG will advocate for educational leaders across all settings, and promote the development and dissemination of applied research in educational leadership practice and policy.
- Educational Leadership Theories
- Educational Leadership Practice
- Educational Leadership Policy
- Indigenous Educational Leadership
If you are not a member, contact email@example.com to join.
Co-Convenors: Martin Bassett (right) contact
and Howard Youngs (left) contact