Wednesday, October 4, 2023 4.00pm to 5.30pm
This is a free event hosted on Zoom. Attendees must register for the event.
An Expert Panel Discussion on Quantitative Research in the Aotearoa New Zealand Education Sector. This event is hosted by the NZARE Quantitative Studies in Education Special Interest Group (SIG)
What: An expert panel discussion on the challenges and opportunities for quantitative research in Aotearoa New Zealand. Topics will include tensions/challenges within the field, future directions, strategies to foster change, community engagement, and policy/practice.
This is an opportunity to hear from leading voices in the field and engage in a meaningful dialogue about the future of quantitative research in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Who: Esteemed panel members, comprising experts in the field of quantitative research in the Aotearoa New Zealand education sector, will share their insights around the topics above.
- Dr Michael Johnston, Senior Fellow,
New Zealand Initiative.
- Professor Stuart McNaughton, University of Auckland, Officer of NZ Order of Merit.
- Agate Ponder-Sutton, Chief Data Scientist at the Ministry of Education.
This event is open to all educational researchers, policymakers, and educators/school leaders of quantitative research in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Expert Insights: Gain knowledge from leading experts in quantitative research.
- Stay Updated: Learn about the latest trends, challenges, and opportunities in the field.
- Community Building: Be a part of a community that values research and its impact on education and policy.
- Influence the Dialogue: Contribute to a pivotal conversation that will shape the direction of quantitative research in Aotearoa New Zealand.